Monday, January 21, 2013

Through the Years

Through the years, I have developed into a very precise individual. Before entering Drury University, my art projects where all abstract works that included an element of randomness with minimal precision. They lacked meaning and only paid attention to form. But what my experience at the Hammons School of Architecture has given me is a sense of meaning and precision to my projects. My continued interest in precision has driven my designs to be more practical. I feel that if there is not a good reason to stretch designs beyond practicality that it is not worth designing in that way. I have seen that with every project I have become more precise, practical, and paid more attention to details. Quality has also become more important to me over time and having practical and precise designs certainly has a role in this. My models have evolved from lacking detailed precision to looking as crisp and clean as I could make them.


I look forward to further developing my precision and practicality in the coming years at the Hammons School of Architecture through the use of my knowledge and technology. I have loved technology forever and have recently been able to use my skills in projects. In the future I wish to follow my interests with building structure and use technology to develop new ways of applying structure. Since beginning Structures class, I have noticed the lack of structure in my earlier designs. I have experimented with structure, although I look forward to implementing detailed structure in my designs as it would be if a building were built. A goal I have for my remaining time at the Hammons School of Architecture is to develop my own style of designing buildings through precision, practicality, and technology.


Based on my past and looking forward to the future, I would like to advance my architectural career in the Technology/Sustainability concentration. I see myself taking this path because I feel that my love for technology and systems of buildings can lead to more sustainable designs. I look forward to advancing my skills to meet the needs of the Technology/Sustainability aspect of architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment